Monday, February 21, 2011

The Wandering Mind

Wow, it sure has been a long time. My dad and I were just talking about this the other night. He made up this story about how one of his co workers said to him, "Hey Nestor, you son hasn't posted anything new on his blog in a while." Or at least I assume he's making up the story. He told me his co workers know about my blog because I used it to photo-document our trip to the Philippines in 2008. My dad's mentioned his coworkers to me before concerning my blog, but I never really knew if it was true or not. I dunno if its my dad trying to subliminally encourage me to write again or if his co workers really read my blog. I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Anyway, back to the reason for my momentary, and hopefully more regular, reappearance. A few minutes ago I was studying for my Macroeconomics midterm on Wednesday, sort of cruising through the study guide for the first chapter for this unit with one of Nujabes' albums playing in the background. As I perused through the powerpoint slides, moving from one info bubble to the next and trying to make sense of the occasional lengthy, rather wandering paragraphs, I found that my mind was consistently wandering away.

"Some excess reserves are created in the banking system. These excess reserves..." suddenly leads to some other completely unrelated thought. My eyes would slowly claw their way across the width of the screen, seeing the words and reading the words, but in reality, not really. Suddenly I find myself at the bottom of the page, thinking about something completely unrelated to the material, and completely clueless as to what I had just read, or rather, what had I "seen".

So if I'm not taking in and thinking about the material, what is really on my mind? Well I couldn't tell you now, really; but I can tell you that just between the pause of the current part of this sentence that you are reading now and the earlier half of the sentence, I was planning out how I would approach the actual writing of the sentence. And I decided to tell you what I just told you. And there were a bunch of other things that went through my mind as well.

It's almost overwhelming, really; this continuous sudden appearance of new thoughts and ideas. Just as I was driving back to Davis this evening, thinking of what to do with our constantly YLOD-ing PS3, I realized that if I did decide to trade it in to Gamestop for a new Slim with Killzone 3, I probably should have considered taking the original hard drive back with me as well. And I came to this realization when I was already halfway through Fairfield. To drive all the way back home for something as ridiculous as that would have been impatient and inconvenient. "It's cool, I can just wait til this weekend since I'll be home for my dad and my brother's birthday party." "No, I can't wait that long! Man this is so inconvenient, look at that, all your prospective plans for the week just got ruined." And on and on went the thoughts.

Alright well, I dont feel like writing anymore. I guess I'll leave it at that.

More to come soon, hopefully.

-nesqu!k 'TIZ'

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're writing here again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Benson said! Funny 'cause I was looking through my RSS feeds and was wondering when you'd write again.

    My mind ALWAYS wanders. Of course, it wanders most when I'm trying to read my textbook. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cool blog i see ur into beatboxing, ive created a new blog and im looking to get followers, take a look please i think u mite be interested and dont forget to follow if u like, thanks dude!
    http://freshlybakedmooncookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. may be u don t know what am i written but thru my song i will know it

    http://wicararumi.blogspot.com

    rumi world poem(800 years ago) UNESCO salute him at 2007..

    make it shout mix

    ReplyDelete
  5. the same happens to me like, all the time. so i find this post highly relatable.
    It's kinda weird how someone you've never even met, or even talked to for that matter, can feel the same way you do.
    anyway, kudos! waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete